Everyone here at Invisible Cities is extremely happy to report that our tours are open again and that we can’t wait to show you around many of the UK’s most fascinating cities. The reopening of our tours is possible for two reasons:
- The relaxation of lockdown rules
- Invisible Cities’ careful safety measures to protect guests and guides
As a social enterprise specialising in giving skills and employment to people with a history of homelessness, we have done everything we could to support our guides over the COVID-19 lockdown. Now that our tours have started up again, our support includes devising a robust system of safety measures. The best way YOU can support our guides is by going on a tour and leaving a review afterwards!
Our tour guides are some of the most enthusiastic storytellers you’ll ever meet, and they can’t wait to get back out into their respective cities, telling guests the mixture general history and personal life stories that defines the Invisible Cities experience.
If you also can’t wait to get out and explore Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, or York (still waiting for Cardiff to get the all clear) while supporting a great social enterprise, then we encourage you to book a tour today!
Keeping Everyone Safe on an Invisible Cities Tour
If you need a little extra reassurance that everything is safe on our tours, we have outlined all of our safety measures in this video below.
Our safety measures include the following:
Max group size of 10 people so that guests don’t have to stand too close together
- Space will be maintained between guests from different households
- Guides wear a plastic visor to protect them and you
- Guides are also fitted with a voice amplifier so that you can hear them from further away with the visor over their face (we’ve thought of everything!)
- Disposable facemasks will be available for guests to purchase for £1
- We’ve added the ability to tip guides on your mobile phone, meaning that no one needs to handle cash
If you’ve heard what we do here at Invisible Cities and you want to support us, then the best thing you can do is come on one of our tours. We have a lot of tales to tell and we hope you’re as excited as we are to get out and have fun as safely as possible. If you have any follow-up questions for us, please get in touch. Otherwise, we’ll see you soon on the streets of the UK’s cities.