Business Development Officer
Invisible (Manchester), part of Invisible Cities, has an exciting opportunity for a candidate to lead on the growth of our award-winning and socially conscious tours. We are seeking a pro-active, innovative individual to take on the role of Business Development Officer in Manchester for a period of 6 months, to be renewed upon review and funding availability. Working as part of the Invisible (Manchester) team, you will be responsible for obtaining new customers, retaining existing customers and winning new business opportunities in the area.
You will work collaboratively with the whole Invisible Cities Team and supporters, partners and funders. As a social enterprise, our aim is to be financially sustainable so you will have to meet specific targets for all products on offer.
- Meet or excel targets of tour, merchandise, public speaking and other product sales.
- OTA channels management set up if these do not exist yet. Otherwise manage and increase tour sales via OTAs
- Develop relationships with tour agents and tour operators from the model of Edinburgh and Glasgow (liaise with CEO). We need to be securing tours from 2021 onwards
- Develop relationships with events and conference centres to secure dates from 2020 onwards
- Develop corporate relationships for potential sponsorship and fundraising
- Support in generate new leads and generate sales in Merchandise (UK wide) and public speaking reach
- Lead on the use of CRM system- keep track of relationships, success rates when it comes to sales and collaborations
- Weekly reporting with CEO on activity and monthly sales reporting (walking tours, merchandise and other income generating activities)
- Collect data when it comes to guests, trends and tour information to increase sales
- Liaise with Marketing agency to use data successfully to increase sales
- Liaise with Invisible (Manchester) team daily
We understand that due to COVID-19, the world of tourism, events and conferences is undergoing a major transformation and will look unfamiliar for the foreseeable. As a result, the Invisible Cities team will adapt accordingly to new circumstances. In addition to this, targets and role description are subject to change.
- Experience in sales and business development
- Background in tourism and/or heritage sector with concentration on marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- Knowledge of social enterprise
- Ability to manage income and reports
- Genuine enthusiasm to champion our social mission and ability to work flexibly and efficiently towards targets
- Building corporate partnership relationships
- Familiar with the use of CRM systems (Hubspot)
This is a part-time role (up to 16 hours a week maximum) at £20,000 per annum.
Successful candidates will need to be based in Manchester and have the right to work in the UK.
To apply send your CV and a cover letter including the reason why you would like to work for Invisible (Manchester), your understanding of what a social enterprise is and one new suggestion on how to sell more tours in Manchester to [email protected]
The deadline is rolling until we find the right applicant. We will review applications and contact shortlisted candidates individually for virtual interviews.